Here’s how to turn off screen rotation on Windows 10
If you have Windows 10 system with you, then you might have noticed that it can rotate its screen play by itself. This is one of the remarkable features of Windows 10 system. But exceptions always exist. But, users may get annoyed with auto-rotation when they wish to view a photo from a different angle. By going through this blog, you shall get to know various methods for turning off screen auto-rotation.
The method of turning off screen rotation by using the Action Center
Go through the given below instructions for turning off auto-rotation on Windows 10 system by using Action Center
- Firstly, go to the Action Center. This can be done by pressing the combination of Windows+A together.
- Then, press the Rotation lock option.
- Note that if you aren’t able to get Rotation lock option, then press Expand option. It shall be towards the above at the left-hand side of Quick actions area.
Remember that if the option is not present, then your system does not allow auto-rotation feature or you need to include button by following the given below instructions.
- Firstly, go to Settings.
- Then, press On System.
- After that, click on Notifications and actions.
- Then, press on Add or remove quick actions.
- Lastly, turn on the toggle of the Rotation lock by pushing it.
- Note that after you are done with the steps mentioned above, you shall notice that the display shall not change anymore its orientation by itself as soon you rotate the device.
The method of turning off screen rotation by using Settings
Go through the given below instructions for turning off auto-rotation on Windows 10 system by using Settings
- Firstly, go to Settings.
- Then, press on Display.
- After that, below ‘Scale and layout’ part. Disable the Rotation lock switch by pushing the toggle.
- Note that if you won’t be able to view the option, then the reason behind it can be that your system does not support this feature.
The method of turning off screen rotation by using Registry
Go through the given below instructions for turning off auto-rotation on Windows 10 system by using Registry
- Firstly, Go to Start.
- Then, look for regedit.
- After that, press on the result which is on top for opening the Registry.
- Next, browse the given below:
- Then, double-click the Enable DWORD.
- After that, put value 1-0.
- Lastly, press OK.
Hope you have been able to turn off automatic screen rotation on Windows 10.
Marry James is a Microsoft Office expert and her been working in the technical industry from last 10 year. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup.