Want to change your Uber account password? It’s simple. You don’t need to access your smartphone or tablet and install the Uber app to change the password. You can open your Uber account on your Windows PC as well as Mac laptop. Moreover, you can perform the whole thing like Uber app on your computer, including changing your account password. Just visit ‘http://www.uber.com’ with your computer’s browser. Here is how can you change your Uber password without using the Uber app. Use the following given steps on your laptop or system.
1. Start a browser of your choice.
2. Enter ‘www.uber.com’ in the address bar to visit Uber’s homepage.
3. Click on ‘Menu’ button near the top-right corner. It is the hamburger icon next to the blue Sign up button on the top.
4. Then click on the ‘Login’ option at the upper right side of the window.
5. On the next screen, you’ll be asked to choose a login type, select ‘Rider Login.’ Drivers can also login to their account from here by selecting ‘Driver login.’
6. Sign In window will now open, enter your ‘Email or phone number’ you used for signing in to your Uber account in the given field.
7. Then click the large ‘NEXT’ button just below the field.
8. Next screen will show you a box to enter your password, leave it blank and click on the ‘Forgot Password?’ link below the large ‘Sign In’ button at the right side.
9. In the ‘Enter your email’ box, type the email address you used at the time of sign up on Uber.
10. Check your entered email and click the ‘Next’ button. Clicking it will forward an email message containing a link to reset the password on your associated account.
11. Open an app or tab in the browser to access the account you received the email.
12. Search and open the email from Uber. Find it in your inbox, if it isn’t there then check into Spam/Junk or Updates folder.
13. Click the URL given in the email to reset your password. It will take you to the Uber’s password reset page.
14. Click the first box, and enter a new password into it. Your password should not be smaller than five characters.
15. Enter the same password into the next box to confirm.
16. After that, go ahead with the ‘Next’ button.
17. Select ‘Rider Login.’
18. Enter your ‘Email or phone number’ you used for signing in to your Uber account.
19. Click ‘Next.’
20. Type in your new password.
21. And, hit ‘Sign In’ button to open your account.
Your Uber password has been successfully changed without using the Uber app. Every time, use your new password to sign in to your account.
Marry James is a Microsoft Office expert and her been working in the technical industry from last 10 year. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.