Windows Mixed Reality is now a part of the Virtual Reality scenario. There are a number of headsets and motion-based controllers from different brands. There are six kinds of headsets from different brands for Windows Mixed Reality. If you have invested in such a headset, then you must be excited to use it. Well, if you do not know the process of setting it up, then read on and follow the steps given in this blog.
Firstly, you need to make sure that the OS and all the apps on the system are up-to-date. To set up WMR, your computer must be running the Windows 10 Fall Creators version. Here’s how you can install Windows updates:
- Open the Start menu.
- Now, select Settings from the left pane.
- Choose Update and Security.
- Select Windows Update.
- Press the option called Check for updates.
The OS shall now see the availability of updates. If there are any recent updates, then they will get downloaded and installed automatically.
Steps to set up Windows Mixed Reality headset
- Remove the Windows Mixed Reality from the package.
- Ensure that you have detached the cable ties and un-tangled the cables.
- After that, see whether the computer’s USB 3.0 and HDMI port are free. The USB 3.0 port shall be azure colored from the inside.
- Attach the HDMI cable of the WMR device into the HDMI port located at the back or front of the computer’s CPU.
- Now, connect the USB 3.0 cable present in the Windows Mixed Reality headset into the USB port of the computer.
- After that, the Windows Mixed Reality application will open on its own.
- From now on, each time the headset gets picked up, the application will open.
- Remove the Windows Mixed Reality controllers from the box.
- Unbox the back case.
- Insert the double-A batteries after reading the instructions and place the cover back.
- Hold down the Win button located in the middle of the controller.
- Now, updates may start getting installed.
- When the updates are getting downloaded, you will receive a notification.
- Wear the WMR headset and follow the guidelines mentioned on the screen.
Microsoft has really gone a mile to ensure that it is easy and quick to set up the Windows Mixed Reality gear. You just have to follow a couple of easy steps, and you will get all geared up to enjoy the WMR gaming experience.
Marry James is a Microsoft Office expert and her been working in the technical industry from last 10 year. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup.